Co-authored Scientific Publications
- Korenbrot JI, Formation, structure, and spectrophotometry of air-water interface films containing rhodopsin. Journal of Membrane Biology 37:235-262, 1977.
- Selmanoff MJ, Pramik-Holdaway MJ, Weiner RI. Concentrations of dopamine and norepinephrine in discrete hypothalamic nuclei during the rat estrous cycle. Endocrinology 99:326-329, 1976.
Scientific and Medical Publications
- New devices and technology take IOP monitoring to next level. Ophthal Times Feb 08, 2014.
- Managing the odds for good outcomes in glaucoma. Ophthal Times Feb 08, 2014.
- Keynote Lecture: Future of teaching, practice of medicine begins today. Ophthal Times Feb 08, 2014.
- Who’s at risk? Reviewing factors for glaucoma onset. Ophthal Times Feb 07, 2014.
- GRF update: Adaptive optics and glaucoma biomarkers. Ophthal Times Feb 07, 2014.
- Dr. Lindstrom: From building blocks to ophthalmic innovation. Ophthal Times Feb 07, 2014.
- What’s new in glaucoma device, drug therapy advances. Ophthal Times Feb 07, 2014.
- Managing glaucoma with personalized IOP monitoring. Ophthal Times Feb 06, 2014.
- Controlled release, wide application. Nature Biotechnology 14:1078-1079, 1996.
- Pramik MJ (Ed.) Norethindrone: The First Three Decades. (Book) Syntex Laboratories, Palo Alto, CA., 1978.
Publications (Written for Authors)
(i.e., Articles written by M.J. Pramik for the authors)
- Verta P. Evolution of Carotid Artery Stenting. In process. June 2011.
- Gradishar W. Landmark Trials in Endocrine Adjuvant Therapy for Breast Carcinoma Cancer 2006;106:975–81.
- Sobel JD. Managing vulvovaginal candidiasis. The Female Patient 25:77-81, 2000.
- Wisniewski R. Developing large-scale cryopreservation systems for biopharmaceutical products. BioPharmaceutics 11:50-56, 1998.
- Carlson RH, Garnick RL, Jones AJS, Meunier AM. The determination of recombinant human tissue-type plasminogen activator activity by turbidimetry using a microcentrifugal analyzer. Analytical Biochemistry 168:428-435, 1988.
- The Essential HEDIS 2000 for Diabetes. A Consolidated Program for Managed Care Organizations. LifeScan Inc. ©2000. Developed, researched and wrote all materials for the program.
- Physician’s Tools for Enhancing Quality of Care. The Essential HEDIS 2000 for Diabetes. LifeScan Inc. ©2000. Developed, researched and wrote all materials for the program
- Tools for Enhancing Diabetes Quality Care (patient education materials). LifeScan Inc. ©2000. Developed, researched and wrote all materials for the program
- Synarel® (nafarelin acetate) Nasal Solution 2 mg/ml. Product Monograph. Syntex Laboratories, Inc. Palo Alto, CA ©1990.
- Transitions. A Journal for Adolescent Medicine. For Syntex Laboratories, Palo Alto, CA. Editor for the publication. Assigned articles, recruited physician/expert authors, wrote articles, edited the manuscripts, and worked with art directors to publication. 1978-1980.
- Polymers in the Health Care Industry. Spectrum, Decision Resources, Inc., Waltham, MA 1998.
- Hydrogels. Spectrum, Decision Resources, Inc., Waltham, MA 1996.
- Drug Delivery Systems. Decision Resources, Inc., Waltham, MA 1994.
Medical and Scientific Reporting
- Biopharmaceutical firms changing strategies. Practical issues of human genome paradigm being realized. Genetic Engineering News 22:8-10, 46, 2002.
- Gura T. Genomic tools help simplify complex diseases. [MJ Pramik contributed to this article.] In: Inside Genomics: Perspectives. IncyteGenomics Web Journal, 2001.
- Recombinant human growth hormone. One of biotech’s first products expands indications. Genetic Engineering News 20:15, 27, 32, 1999.
- Interleukin-2 therapy boosts CD4+ counts in AIDS patients. Hospital Pharmacist Report 12:12, 1998.
- Cryopreservation technologies. Applications in large volumes of biopharmaceutical products. Genetic Engineering News 18:8-10 1998.
- Recombinant IL-2 therapies in the clinic for cancer and HIV. Genetic Engineering News 18:1, 8, 20, 34, 1997.
- Debate on salt intake peppers meeting of hypertension group. The BBI Newsletter August:159-160, 1997.
- ICH moves toward standard for clinical data. Genetic Engineering News 17 (April 15):1, 31, 1997.
- ICH stability guidelines go to phase 4 documentation. Genetic Engineering News 17 (November 15):1, 38-39, 1976.
- Drug delivery firms focus on controlled release techniques. Genetic Engineering News 17(October 1):1, 38 40, 1996.
- Novel cancer therapies presented at the 37th annual meeting of the American Society of Hematology. Cancer Watch 5:26-28, 1996.
- Getting the total picture. New software to enhance management of diabetes. Drug Topics 140:84, 1996.
- AIDS Conference Bulletin Sixth International Conference on AIDS. 1990.
- FDA council supports congressional mandate to accelerate new drug approval process. Genetic Engineering News 9:1, 15, 36, 1989.
- The Cytokine Detectives. California Pacific Currents, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 1994.
- The Knees’ Shock Absorbers: Meniscus Transplant. California Pacific Currents, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 1994.
- Unraveling the Mysteries of ALS. California Pacific Currents, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 1994.
- Human Growth Hormone. Helping Short Children Grow. Your World Biotechnology and You. A publication of the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Association, 1992.
- Toys and Creative Play. Good Housekeeping, April, 1985.